Sunday, February 15, 2015

Dear Sister, You Know What They Say

13 days...

Dear sister, I have researched 40 A LOT. And there are quite a few resounding opinions regarding what you need to know. Here are the top three:

1. Once you turn 40, you are always right. It's your life, they are your decisions, and you are always in control of your own life. The opinions of others are simply opinions. They don't become ADVICE until you take it. So take it, or leave it. It's up to you.

2. Sex in your 40s is the best sex ever. I realize this is an uncomfortable topic for us. And I am not speaking from experience here since I tend to just sit in my house all of the time. But rumor has it that this sex that happens after 40 is AMAZING. I would tell you to let me know how that goes but I don't really want to know. Just smile and nod and I will understand.

3. You will learn to use the word "NO" liberally. Except for when it comes to sex, apparently. You will say no to foods you don't like, people you don't want to hang around with and places you do not want to go. You will no longer feel obligated to say yes or to extend favors beyond your comfort zone. In other words, you will be two-year-old Denise again. Except, once again, that sex thing... ew.

Mercy me... 40 is right around the corner.

Love,

Sister

No comments: