Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Dear Sister, 40 is on Film

11 days until the day we celebrate 40!

Dear sister,

There are some movies turning 40 this year too. Here are the top five:

1. One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

If you haven't seen this one, I recommend it. It is a Jack Nicholson masterpiece and I LOVE the big Indian in this one.

2. Jaws

Another classic but I can't watch it again. Even though it is RIDICULOUS, it scares the crap out of me.

3. Funny Lady

For a singer, any Barbara Striesand movie is worth the time. But dad loves this one too. I have caught him watching it a number of times.

4. The Rocky Horror Picture Show

I have a love-hate relationship with this one. I think I love it because in the 80's, it played at the Avalon at midnight and I would go with my friends.

5. The Escape to Witch Mountain

I remember watching this as a kid. I think it's been remade with Dwayne Johnson which, of course, is genius.

Love,

Sister

No comments: