Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Dear Sister, Where to Next?

32 days 'til FORTY!

Dear sister,

I am so grateful for the relationship you and I have developed as adults. Being four years apart when you're growing up seems like such a huge gap. But when you finally reach the age when it doesn't matter, everything changes.

It would be impossible for me to pick a favorite moment from all of our good times but I have really enjoyed seeing the country with you. There is nobody else I would want to take a carriage ride in Memphis with or who I would rather have sitting beside me in a gondola up the side of a mountain. With the exception of your son, I can't imagine riding out a hurricane in New York with anyone but you or road tripping through an insane number of tolls just to get to Wisconsin.

Without you, I probably couldn't take my dog on our little vacations. And without you, WHO would get on stage, shake that money maker and don a ridiculous hat just to entertain a crowd full of strangers. Fishing, swimming, admiring buffalo, traipsing through the Badlands, literally chasing cabs in New York City... I am so glad I have a sister to do those things with me.

More than the traveling memories we have made, I look forward to the adventures that lie ahead of us sister! Where to next?


Love,

Sister

No comments: