Thursday, January 29, 2015

Dear Sister, RUN!

31 days until THE BIG 4-0!

Dear Sister,

I am FOREVER inspired by your running. I always hated running until I wasn't able to do it which gives credence to the old saying "you don't know what you've got til it's gone."

I remember when you were preparing to run your first marathon. I thought, "this is crazy." You trained hard, running with a group who help push you to your goals. The day you ran 13 miles for the first time, you called me to tell me about it. I was amazed.

A short time later, you discovered you were pregnant with my nephew and you were going to have to dial it back a bit. But you ran that marathon anyway. Again, what an inspiration.

Last year, in Chicago, I felt really luck to be able to follow you along your half marathon route. Kirk and I timed your miles and followed that app that told us exactly when you would be at various check points. Standing at the finish line waiting to see you was exhilarating and a little nerve-wracking. But what fun!

Every time I see you run I think, "Man I would really like to do that too." While I am not able, I am sure you are inspiring others as well! So RUN, SISTER! Run! Keep up the good work!

Love,

Sister

No comments: