Sunday, February 18, 2018

Ten Blogs 'til 47: What's Next?

Ten days until I turn 47... My mid-life crisis has officially arrived in the form of voices in my head bombarding me with questions I have successfully ignored for the last ten years.

What are you doing with your life?
What's next?
When you are you going to get married?
You ain't got no kids?
Did you finish writing that book yet? Better yet, have you actually found a publisher to produce that shit you think is brilliant?
Why are you still cussing like a sailor?
You know that perfectly imperfect is not really a thing, right?
What's next?
OMG, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO LOSE WEIGHT?
You know you can't find love because you are fat don't you?
Are you sure you want to eat that?
How many times have I told you to KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT? (Everyone doesn't need to know what your thinking)
So tell me again, what are you doing with your life?
Don't you want to live in a nice house and drive a nice car with a successful husband and four brilliant children?
I mean... is this enough for you?
HOLY CRAP, did you know you only have three years left until your 50?
What's next?
But really... what's next?
STOP. I need to know... what's next?

I don't know what's next. But I do know that I have ten days until my 47th birthday and in honor of that joyful day, I will be writing ten exhilarating blogs.

Welcome to my mid-life crisis.

No comments: