Sunday, February 25, 2018

Ten Blogs 'til 47: My Top Tens for 47


My 47th birthday fast approaches and so I am thinking about the things I want to make sure I do or say over the course of my 47th year of life. The great thing about birthdays is that they are another beginning of another new year. I suppose these are my 47th year resolutions.

10. Volunteer more. Volunteering was a priority in my 40th year and it was an incredible year. In this way, it would be ok with me if history repeated itself.

9. Watch less TV. I feel like the television is always on so it is kind of tough to avoid but... I will make the effort.

8. Write more. I have all of these half finished books that need finishing and this will be the year, I will do it.

7. Save money. Since I became a teacher it has been IMPOSSIBLE to save money. But I will get as many side hustles as it takes to get some money in the bank.

6. Spend more time outdoors. I love the outdoors. Not in the camping and hiking kind of way but in the sitting in a beautiful place and allowing it to inspire me kind of way.

5. Work to repair relationships. I will leave it at that.

4. Rebuild relationships that I have left fall dormant. I know too many incredible people who I have called friend who I have allowed to fade into the background. No more! Get ready folks!

3. Sow seeds for the future. I have plans. I have visions. It is time to plant the seeds for those things to come to fruition.

2. Continue to learn. From everyone.

1. Hug more and say "I love you" more. YES, EVEN MORE.

No comments: