Thursday, September 25, 2008

Kirk's Words

I rarely post the words of others but today's conversation with my 6-year-old nephew was priceless...

On the way to the toy store, where Kirk was going to spend his allowance on some new Star Wars toys, he asked, "How come when you want something, sometimes you have to wait so long?

"Like Disney World," he said. "When I went there I had to wait so long."

I interjected, "I understand, buddy. I feel the same way about getting married. I'd like to get married and have babies and I have been waiting a very long time."

"I know, Aunt Michele," Kirk replied. "Sometimes you have to wait a long time to get married. It's not like I'm gonna meet a girl tomorrow and marry her. I'm only six! Who gets married when they're six?"

I chuckled softly so as not to discourage him.

And then, he finished, "I bet you do feel like you've been waiting a long time to get married!"

Out of the mouths of babes...

No comments: