Tuesday, July 17, 2007

It's not that I don't care... I just really don't care

Deep down, there's a part of a man that craves a nagging woman.

(Here come the emails...)

Many men judge how much a woman values them by how much she meddles in his life.
Perhaps there is a fine line between nagging and caring. And maybe I have it ALL WRONG. But it's been my experience that because I don't nag, men think I don't care. And the truth is I don't care... about a lot of things.

I don't care if other women fawn all over you. I don't. Really. I think it is fantastic. It may be vanity but I LOVE it when women LOVE my man.
I don't care if you don't take out the trash. I don't. Really. I would rather not haul that crap to the curb and I probably won't. It will sit there until you are good and ready. And it won't bother me.

I don't care if you want to go out with the boys. I don't. Really. PLEASE GO OUT WITH THE BOYS! I want to hang out with my friends too. What's good for the goose really is always good for the gander.

I don't care how often you cut your hair or cut the grass, if you leave your socks on the floor or if you've called your mother lately. Ok, maybe I care if you've called your mom but all of those other things, in the grand scheme of life, are really small and not worth the worry. Really.

There are things I DO care about, things that bother me, things that, if I had to live with them, I would nag you about. But at the first sign of those things, I'm usually out the door. I am all about heading it off at the pass. Thinking you can change a man (or a woman for that matter) is ridiculous. You, plus the stuff that drives you nuts, equals a recipe for disaster.

But, I am not going to pester you about the small things. In fact, I probably won't hassle you about much. You're a grown man. You've been living for a while and have survived doing it your way. It's not that I don't think my way is better... (You had to know THAT was coming.) I just figure your way got you this far! And if you can't figure out when you need to get your tail out of bed to get to work on time or that it's your coffee habit that's keeping you up all night... Well, then, I don't know that I care to be with you anyway.
So just because I don't nag... it doesn't mean that I don't care. I just really don't care to nag.

No comments: