Saturday, January 10, 2009

Looking Ahead

Usually, as the new year rolls around, I muster up some renewed optimism and make grand plans to change my life for the better. Not this year. This year, it is what it is. I'm neither going to complain about the lack of movement or seeming lack of direction in my life nor am I going to project great things as I look ahead.

I could do both. I could talk about everything I've been through in the last year and how glad I am that it's over. I could express fear about my future and ponder on the dismal outlook for our nation's economy and, in turn my career. I could tell you that I believe, in spite of it all, I am better off. I could say I have a small excitement bubbling up in me that I can't explain or that the little things give me a twinge of hope.

But I won't.

I am going to complain because it's what I do and it's damn funny. But I'll do so silently. I am going to project but not openly. I will acknowledge my fears and ponder the worries but only in my conversations with my God.

For the record, though, I am better off. So much. And I'm looking up and looking ahead.

See you in my future.

No comments: