Friday, January 16, 2009

Impatience

Sometimes my impatience gets the best of me. Waiting for life to unfold in real time fills me with anxiety. It causes my shoulders to tighten to the point that they nearly touch my ears. And on the rare day when this life doesn't seem enough... when it falls short of the mark I've set... when it leaves a little bit to be desired... I just wish I could peer through the window to my tomorrow and find some solace in what I see there.

I want to know that the days ahead are filled with joy and that love is waiting just around the corner. I need to see that the efforts I am making at a job that isn't paying me are not for nothing and that my career will turn around just as quickly as it all came crashing down around me. I have to find a glimmer of hope on those days. I want to see a sign that I should keep believing in good.

ARRGH! If I could just remember where that damn window is!

No comments: