Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Just RING dammit...

How many of you have stared impatiently at your phone, waiting for it to ring? How many of you have even demanded that it ring?

For the last 2 hours, I have carried my phone from room to room, setting it down briefly but then picking it up again, flipping it open and making sure I didn't SOMEHOW miss the call. I've held it firmly in my hand and squeezed it as if a little pain would encourage it to DO ITS JOB. I've shaken it. I have changed the ringer twice and turned up the volume. I have done everything in my power to make that phone ring except call it myself. And, nothing...

Just RING dammit!

You see, I waited 2 months for this call. And when the phone rang two hours ago, I didn't pick it up. And the caller, the person I have wanted to hear from for two months, didn't leave a message. So, rather than calling the number back and PRETENDING not to know it's him, I am waiting for him to call again.

I could be waiting another 2 months. I know. You don't have to tell me. But I can't bring myself to call. If he wanted to talk to me, he would have left a message. He would have left a message and given me his number and asked me to call him back. And since he didn't leave a message, I can only assume one of three things:

1. He really doesn't want to talk to me that badly.
2. He isn't a message-leaver and he will call back.
3. He is as much of a chicken as I am... and he is never calling back...

This phone might not make it through the night.

No comments: