Sunday, December 18, 2011

Being 40: Being 40 is almost OVER!

Only two months left of my 40th year! I can't believe how quickly time has passed. I am now officially closer to being 41 than I am to being 40 and I still have a few more items to cross off of my TO DO list for my 40th year. That said, it's been pretty good!

Here is a short list of some of the things I've done in 10 months:
  • Gotten a new job (And I am working on stuff that really matters!)
  • Volunteered for the Animal Rescue Foundation
  • Raised money for CARE
  • Donated truck loads of food and clothing to worthy causes
  • Took my family on a road trip to Memphis & hung out at the King's house
  • Visited Washington D.C. for the first time with my adorable 9-year-old nephew
  • Spent time in Indiana, Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Maryland and Georgia too
  • Sang the National Anthem at more than 10 events
  • Bought a house!
  • Found my brothers and sisters on my birthfather's side of the family
  • Saw the Cardinals win the World Series. (That was my 3rd trip to the World Series, by the way.)
And I spent hours and hours of quality time with friends and family, including friends from grade school, high school and college. Took a few more classes toward my Masters degree and coached two 7th grade volleyball teams, one of which came in first place in the league. I didn't get married or have a baby... But there's STILL TIME! In fact, I have THREE big items left on the list. Three big things in two months? Wouldn't be the first time!

All I have to say is, if it gets better from here, 41 is going to be AMAZING.

No comments: