Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Painting & Passing Time

Since losing my job 5 months ago, I've been doing a lot of soul searching, trying to decide what I should do with my life.

Applying and interviewing for job after job wears on me psychologically and emotionally and the discouragement is overwhelming. I keep saying that something has to change soon and I try to hang on to the belief that I will be working again very soon but there are days when it's not easy.

So I have tried to turn my focus to doing things that I love to do and I've been working on ways to actually make money doing them. Unfortunately, you don't get paid to sing the national anthem so in between anthem gigs, I've been painting. I paint children's furniture and nurseries, mostly, along with the occasional painting for a bathroom or something odd like that.

I enjoy painting. It relaxes me. I don't really have a mind for business unfortunately so I haven't firgured out how to make a living doing it. There's a small part of me that is afraid if I relied on my painting to pay the bills, I wouldn't enjoy it as much. And, I figure there are a lot of folks out there who are actually trained to do things like this that are clogging up the market. (Man, I can't wait to get a job...)

But! I thought since I have very little to blog about right now, I should at least promote how I am passing time. If you know anyone who needs something painted, let me know!

No comments: