Wednesday, June 20, 2007

An Email from THAT Guy

Got an email yesterday from a guy that just plain does it for me…

If I could have looked the world over and plucked one man from the masses to keep as my own, he would have been that guy. He fits the “mold” I created in my mind of my perfect man. He satisfies the checklist. (Every girl has one. I keep mine in my wallet.)

I realize it is dangerous to publicize that I have met and identified my ideal chap considering I am still in the market for a man. But prospective Michele –Enthusiasts can take heart in knowing that I do not use THAT guy as a measure for others. I evaluate each man on his own merits. There’s no competition. So please keep the offers coming.

That said, I can’t help but wonder from time to time, WHAT IF? What if I hadn’t been such a complete goof ball every time he came around? And what if he hadn’t gotten married? And what if I had complied with his check list?

But I try to live my life with no regrets and no what ifs. I will always see him as the guy who fit the mold and I will admire him from afar. And I will keep his emails. And every once in a while I will look at his name in my IN BOX, just for grins.

It's completely unhealthy, I know. It's like sucking your thumb when what you really want is a chocolate raspberry popsicle.

But I’ll do it. Until I get an email that trumps his…

…or that chocolate raspberry popsicle.

No comments: